You need the best offset smoker under 500 to turn an ordinary get-together into a memorable moment. This offset smoker is reasonably priced, and, therefore, makes a wonderful purchase for anyone who loves smoked foods yet they are on a budget.
The offset smoker is easy to use and works as promised so you can have your foods exactly the way you imagined. Moreover, it has a large cooking space that enables it to accommodate any type and size of food.
It is also nicely built to stand the test of time. If you are reading this with the hope of finding it, you have come to the right place.
List of the Best Offset Smoker Under 500 in Reviews
01. Dyna-Glo Charcoal Offset Smoker (DGO1176BDC-D)
Most people love charcoal because it adds flavor to food. The Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D is the right purchase because it lets you use charcoal. It is a vertical offset smoker that gives you the flexibility to smoke your favorite food using your favorite fuel source and favorite wood chips. It captures the maximum smoke flavor, thereby, making sure food always comes out super delicious.
Moreover, the Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D can smoke different sizes and types of food. So, whatever you plan to smoke, expect this offset smoker to get the job done. It comes with a removable steel ash pan designed to handle large amounts of ash to make cleaning a breeze.
- Dual door design: It minimizes the loss of heat while letting you add wood chips throughout the smoking process.
- Heavy-duty steel body construction: It has a high-temperature powder coat finish that helps improve its durability.
- 784 sq. in. of smoking area: It is large enough to smoke up to 100 pounds of food in one go.
- Electronic pulse ignition system: Ensures reliable and quick ignition.
02. Cuisinart Vertical 18” Charcoal Smoker (COS-118)
Although this charcoal smoker measures just 22 inches long by 24 inches wide by 43 inches high, it has a large cooking space of 510 square inches. The compact design means this smoker does not take up much space and, therefore, it is very easy to manage and even to store when not in use.
Ideally, the Cuisinart COS-118 is available in even a much smaller unit, which is just 16 inches. Well, the 16-inch model is the real deal for backyards where space is valuable. Furthermore, this charcoal smoker is designed in such a way that it is both easy to maintain and clean.
- 3-year warranty: It adds confidence during purchase.
- Durable framework and porcelain enamel water bowl: Gives you peace of mind knowing that you are using a top-notch unit.
- Two 18-inch steel cooking grates: They are solidly constructed and can accommodate any food you plan to cook.
- Vertical barrel design: It makes it easy to keep a consistent temperature. Plus it eliminates the need to make multiple adjustments.
03. Char-Griller 1063 Square Inch Charcoal Grill/Smoker (2137 Outlaw)
Due to its large size, this charcoal grill/smoker is perfect for backyard parties or large families. It has two cooking areas: Primary and Secondary. The primary cooking area is 725 square inches, while the secondary cooking area is 338 square inches. Since they are two, expect not to be inconvenienced by cooking space shortage.
The offset smoker is 50 inches high and weighs 112 pounds. It is obviously very big, but this should not be a concern because it comes equipped with wheels to help you move it without breaking a sweat.
- Large round legs: They provide sturdy support, and this, in turn, promotes safety.
- Sturdy construction: The offset smoker is constructed with heavy-duty steel not to mention having a powder coating.
- Cast iron grill: Ensures uniform heating, thereby, playing a great role in the production of delicious foods.
- Adjustable fire grate: It combines with a heat gauge to give you excellent heat control.
- Convenient storage: This offset smoker has front and side shelves to help keep your grilling spices, sauces, and tools within easy reach.
04. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker (CC1830F)
What’s great about this cheap offset smoker is that it has a total cooking surface area of 800 square inches. The main chamber is 438 square inches; the chrome warming rack is 179 square inches, and the remaining 183 square inches is an extra cooking area featuring porcelain steel cooking grates.
The Royal Gourmet CC1830F is designed with versatility in mind in the sense that it can be used both for smoking and heating. It is great for family get-together plus you can rely on it to make great food for friends.
- Steel mesh front table & bottom shelf: They offer ample working space and storage plus they are extremely easy to clean up.
- Big capacity charcoal pan: Holds up to 5 pounds of charcoal in one go.
- Lifting handles: They adjust the height of the charcoal pan to ensure better heating.
- Adjustable damper: Ensures a better flow of air.
- Side door: Allows you to add charcoal with ease.
- Heavy-duty lid: Holds up well to heating and rigorous use.
05. Char-Griller 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill with Side Fire Box (E1224)
This offset smoker is affordable, and, therefore, makes an excellent purchase for anyone on a budget yet looking for a high-quality food smoker. It weighs 146 pounds, and this is enough proof that it is built to last. The dimensions, on the other hand, are 62 by 29 by 50 inches.
Well, it is worth noting that assembly is required. But again, this should really not be a concern because the charcoal grill is very easy to put together. The total cooking area of this charcoal grill is 830 square inches. Of this, 580 square inches is for the cooking surface and the remaining 250 square inches is for either smoking or charcoal cooking.
- Heavy-gauge powder-coated steel construction: It improves the durability of this offset smoker.
- Nonstick cast iron cooking grate: It ensures even heating.
- 2 wheels: They make the offset smoker very easy to transport or to move around.
- Charcoal drawers: They are removable; hence, they make adding charcoal and dumping ashes a breeze.
06. Char-Broil Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo (Oklahoma Joe’s)
Char-Broil has been helping pit-masters across the globe develop their own special barbecue flavors as well as to hone their craft since 1987. It is for that reason why we are very confident in the Char-Broil Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo (Oklahoma Joe’s). It is a high-performance offset smoker that deserves to be in these reviews.
It has an innovatively designed gas grill chamber with 3 different burners. Each burner is equipped with 12,000 BTUs; hence, questions whether this versatile machine can deliver on a big stage should not be asked. The primary cooking space of this unit is 750 square inches, while the secondary cooking space is 310 square inches.
- 1060 square inch cooking surface: It is the total cooking space of this unit. It is large enough to take on any food type or size.
- Cool-touch handles: They keep your hands protected when you hold the smoker lid or grill.
- 2 different cooking chambers: One is for gas grilling and the other is for smoking.
07. Outsunny 48” Charcoal BBQ Grill and Offset Smoker Combo
Every backyard gathering should be memorable. And one unit that will help you achieve that with ease is the Outsunny 48-inch Charcoal BBQ Grill & Offset Smoker Combo. It is a combination of a charcoal grill, a BBQ, and an offset smoker.
In other words, it is an all-in-one BBQ grill that will not just bring convenience but also take the fun to a whole new level. It comes with 2 shelves where one is on the front and the other is on the side. It also has metal grating underneath.
- Wooden handles: They remain cool to the touch, thereby, greatly minimizing the likelihood of getting burnt.
- Easy-to-read thermometer: It is on the main lid and provides convenience.
- Sturdy construction: It combines with angled legs to make this BBQ grill combo stable and tough.
- Two wheels: They make the BBQ grill smoker combo easy to move around.
- Ample storage space: The unit features 2 shelves and metal grating to provide you with maximum space for storing grilling accessories and essentials.
08. Landmann Charcoal Grill (560212)
For over 5 decades, Landmann has been doing an excellent job of manufacturing premium gas & charcoal grills, fireplace grates, fire pits, and, of course, smokers. The 560212 model is one of Landmann’s products, and it is here because it is reasonably priced as well as loaded with numerous advanced features.
In fact, it has a number of features that are not there in other models. For instance, a built-in temperature gauge is not in every charcoal grill or offset smoker. With these many features, expect to have a dream moment with the Landmann 560212.
- High-capacity cooking area: It has a tall hinged lid and a warming rack.
- Bottom storage shelf and large folding shelves: They provide ample storage for grilling appliances and accessories.
- Cool grip handles: They help make the charcoal grill easy and safe to use.
- Adjustable charcoal pan: Allows you to easily control the distance between the pan and your coals.
- Access door: It is located on the front and makes tending the charcoal or fueling the fire a cakewalk.
09. Z GRILLS 7-in-1 Wood Pellet BBQ Grill & Smoker (ZPG-450A)
Despite the fairly low price point, the Z GRILLS 7-in-1 BBQ, Grill, and Smoker comes with a waterproof cover. This is really amazing because most manufacturers sell smoker covers separately. The cover is waterproof and quality; hence, it plays a huge role in extending the life of this all-purpose unit.
Another thing that amazes us about the Z GRILLS ZPG-450A is the fact that it comes with a 3-year warranty. This is a total justification that the Z GRILLS ZPG-450A is nicely built to ensure 100-percent customer satisfaction.
- Ample grilling area: The 452 square inches grilling area promotes convenience by allowing you to grill large amounts of food at once.
- Foldable working shelf: It also promotes convenience by providing you with a nice place to prepare food.
- Caster wheels: They are heavy-duty and all-terrain. Needless to say, they make this smoker easy to move around/transport.
- Automated electric feed system: It maintains the heat within 10 deg of the set temperature, thereby, producing the optimal amount of smoke.
10. Broil King Offset Smoker (958050)
The dimensions of this offset smoker are 52.5 by 26 by 30 inches. They prove that this offset smoker is of decent size and can smoke foods of different sizes. To be more detailed, the primary cooking surface of the Broil King Offset Smoker (958050) is 625 square inches.
This is large enough to let you smoke sufficient food for your friends or family. What’s more, this offset smoker is built to last. And, for this reason, it can hold up well to the rigors of everyday use. It is a product of a well-known manufacturer yet it is within an affordable range.
- Removable ash tray: Helps you manage ash easily and smoke your favorite food in a clean environment.
- Heavy-duty cast iron cooking grids: They prove that this offset smoker is built to last.
- Air vent system: It includes a chimney-style stack featuring Roto-Draft damper technology.
- 625 square inch cooking surface: It is large enough to hold large amounts of food at once.
It is almost an understatement to say that smoked foods are delicious. Nevertheless, it takes some effort to make amazing smoked food, or maybe? The above offset smokers are very easy to use and will help you come up with incredible results quickly and easily. Moreover, they are well built plus most of them come with a warranty for worry-free buying.